16 aug. 2011

A new chapter in life

So. It's been a while since I posted anything and I've been through a lot of stuff that's just... *sigh* I don't know where to begin.
you know what? When it comes to my work with Army of One, check out my other blog. Although I haven't posted there since June or something, that's what the world knows about the project so far. This blog is about my personal life as well, and I'd like to write about things non-related to school this time.

So. During the year, my siblings started moving to Kuwait, one at a time. Then June came, and summer vacation began. I, my parents and my little sister packed as many things as possible and shipped them to Kuwait. The plan this time was to emigrate back to where we came from, and so we too left our home and took the plane to this odd country that we've missed for so long.

To me, this is the first time I'll really live in Kuwait. I left it when I was 4 years old, so I don't really have any memories from anything besides from mom's sister and her daughters, my cousins, and that thanks to all the pics we had saved throughout the years.

It's very different to live here compared to my life in Sweden. It's an odd place, and they have odd habits that sometimes make me just speechless. And those who just wouldn't follow vital rules like, you can't park in the road!! Or those probably unemloyed guys who drive around and look into every car they pass by, just to get a glimpse at - and hopefully get what? A smile from?? - any girl that would be sitting inside. What the hell?! In Sweden, I'm used to having my own privacy even inside the car, so this is something very new and strange to me, it should be humiliating for them, but I guess no one cares anymore.

On the other hand, we have things like late shopping which could go on til 11 o'clock - and now during Ramathan, malls stay open til 1 o'clock! It's amazing, you fast, eat, then why not go shopping at 8 or 9 o'clock? It's safe, all the families are out, in malls and on the beach, and in the parks... I usually never stay out late at night in Sweden, but here I constantly do that and it's no big deal. Is it because of the family atmosphere or maybe because I might feel more at ease/at home here?


So. The plan is to aim for a new chapter in our lives and "restart" living in Kuwait. So many things have changed, my parents say, yet it's the Kuwait they've always known. And now it's my turn to get to know it, and adapt my life to it. "How?" I've asked myself many times. I don't know, I really don't know, some things are just too crazy, but that could be said about life in Sweden as well. So what I'll do, is to follow the flow for a while, I'll give this life a proper chance, and see the outcome.

After the vacation I have several plans, one actually involves getting back to Europe - this time in London, so I might have to wait with the living-in-Kuwait issue. But so far, nothing's decided, it's Ramathan as said, and I'm enjoying the vacation here, leaving all decisions til after this holy month. For now, I'm all excited about getting started with Android app (game) dev, playing video games and making up for almost a year of no "quality time" with my family.

Ramathan Kareem

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar