23 feb. 2011

A pleasant day

And just like that, I woke up feeling pleased by what I've accomplished and how far I've come in my life.
Yesterday my teacher told me to relax, I'm studying too much - lol yes, that's what teachers say to their students nowadays - and that I should take a day off to do something else. And there are two main things I've always loved doing: drawing and playing the piano. I've tried taking up my drawing, but I've realized that the piano, actually keyboard, is more giving and brings me peace, so I turned around to give it yet another chance in my grey life. Since I just watched the final episode of Kimi ni Todoke, a not so great anime, I simply Youtube'd a tutorial of its opening theme, one of the worse openings I've heard. Yet I stood infront of my keyboard and aped the female hands as they went right and left over a beautifully sounding piano.

Now I can play the entire opening with achords etc, yet still with a lot of flaws, but it's ok, with a little more practise I should be enjoying the song with no major problems.

This is pure joy to me. I picked a song I didn't even like, but the thrill in deconstructing it into notes, simple key presses, and then create amazing flows that follows a rhythm, a mood, and kind of create a predictable storyline, is never-ending. It's... pleasing. I have no words that describe the harmony I feel in deconstructing songs and reconstructing them again - in a way that I feel attached to! Like it was my turn to tell that story. It's amazing. I guess this is why I love being a programmer as well, I love construction.
I surely should play more piano.

In a few days I plan to learn another song, most probably it's going to be an anime song. Ages ago I began learning the popular Vampire Knights opening, but it's really advanced, so I wonder if I should postpone it and take something light and easy to remember. Oh well, I'll get back to this when time comes.


As for Army of One, the game project I'm currently developing - did I say that I'm going to publish it in the game portal Aluna Games? :D Head over to the Army of One Forums in Aluna Games if you haven't been there yet =)

The development is going well, today I managed to boost the speed of the "wurm" to over 400km/h, just crazy stuff! The slip ratio is much better too, it doesn't slide like before so more control to the people!
The vehicle flips are inevitable (especially when you fly off a cliff with 400km/h), but it's not a problem but a feature, as I'm dealing with fairly realistic physics here, and here's an example of how to use it - with atleast 150km/h, drive into a tunnel and up on it's walls, keep accelerating and you've made a flip with the entire vehicle! =) It already looks nice, and with sound effects it should be sweeeet!

Yeah... that's me enjoying work. I consider writing about the newly released Marvel vs Capcom 3, which I ofcourse had to buy already, as I got in love with it at a game expo in November. My 10 year old sister is beating the pride out of me, so I need to be better already! Until then - take care!

/Kweiko

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar