25 juli 2012

Ramblings in London

woah! What happend to blogger? I was just about to drop by and mention the changes I've been through, but I see everything in life goes on and states change whether I notice or not. I'm in London. In fact, I've been here since September last year. I thought I had blogged about it but I've been so busy, and so oblivious. I've been studying my masters in games programming, and having lots of fun exploring London and making new friends. I think this year has brought a radical change to my life - and to my personality. I'm not going to make an extensive post about how it started and talk though some kind of timeline of this year - but I do want to mention a couple of things. London is great. It's really awesome. Or it could be that I view life in a totally different way, that life seems great in London now. Anyway, even I have noticed how quickly I've changed into someone else, someone better I think, and I've almost forgotten how I was before that anymore. That's fine for now, because I'm trying to focus on my future and where this will lead me. I'm almost done with my studies and have started looking for work. What I know? pfff... lots of stuff, things to be improved, things to be forgotten, things to be highlighted and focussed on. I'm more confident in C++ now, and I like OpenGL and am trying to get my head around GLSL 3. I did some physics coding in Box2D, but I think I'm going to stick with graphics coding for a while longer. Why? Because you use real maths in graphics engine, while in physics engines "you don't have to". It's been difficult to me to simplify algorithms and take shortcuts because I don't have to use the real stuff. I know I know, that's what games development is about. I'm not sure that's what I'm about when I want to push my limits. I still love game dev and I do gameplay code and AI and physics that's real withing the virtual worlds I create though! Enough ramblings! There's just so much going on in my head right now, and after so many formal letters written, and the switch to English entirely due to my location, I've forgotten a bit how I used to write as myself, and how I used to write about my life. Maybe it will come in a post or two. Or maybe it's now something of the past? Maybe I'm so different now I can't write a personal blog anymore...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar