5 jan. 2010

Darn good SDL Tutorials!

You know the feeling of being dizzy and nautious and you just had, say, a fever? You walk around your little appartment with a smelly sweater which is too cozy to change.
But suddenly! Someone noisy and energetic rings your doorbell and burst into your death hole and drags you to the bathroom and fearcely dips your head into a fresh mint and citrus smelling bucket of water. Of course it's ice cold. What do you do???

I craved for more of that near-love experience!!! x'''D At least mentally, because that's how Mr. Tim Jones's tutorials felt like when I began with them! I was so anxious about failing to understand and program in C++ and not to mention SDL. Oh I can say that I had to retake a course because I couldn't manage to write a 2D game in SDL :(

A week ago I sat down, furious at myself and everything around me (my desk, my cup of coffee, my baby sister in one corner of the room...everything) and I googled on C++ SDL tutorials games. I started clicking and felt how releaf started to fill my body as I read some tutorials. I decided to start with Dev Hub's SDL tutorials as they felt more noob-friendly and the site was user friendly. I checked both SDL and basic C++ tutorials, and decided to go with SDL directly because they were very similar to my lecturer's examples.

Yes, some parts were exactly like my lecturer's examples during the lectures, but oh my God how easy it was to follow and actually understand what Tim was saying!! *____* During this week I've learnt so much so much so much I could cry out of joy!

So I highly recommend all beginners in C++/SDL to start with Tim's tutorials!! Read them, follow them and make a Donation to Mr. Tim for his hard work and generosity!! (ò_ó)/) You won't get served with silver plates like this often!

Even a retarded person like me understood them, and I made a nice Tic Tac Toe! ;D Of course I'll continue with the tutorials myself but after doing 4 of them I felt the urge to blog about it :P Oh and I will also try out other programming sites and make a list of those I find the best/most suitable. This will help both you and me to get ready, set and go with our projects! ^_____^ (hihihi anyone checked out the contest at NeoGaf?)

Now it doesn't seem impossible for me to make a 2D game for an assignment with a deadline in 15th of January. I'll do the other tutorials on animation, maps and collision (YAY!) and by the end of this week I should be ready to start with my assignment.

If you happen to know how to create applications/exe-files out from VC++ projects, please tell me/link, so that I can make my "games" into applications and let people try them out! :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar