28 nov. 2010

New website

After reading a lot about wordpress here and wordpress there, I thought I might as well start promoting myself a bit more (lol better late than never) and make an account there, blogspot was awesome, but currently only WordPress has a plugin to show content from Unity (the game engine I'm currently working with). I don't think I relly need any plugin to show the content, but it would make the process much faster and easier, so I went to wordpress.com and made an account!

I took my time choosing theme and organizing everything, but then I realized - I can't install plugins! Then followed a short time of research which resulted in the facts that I'm on the wrong site! It should be wordpress.ORG not .com, and that the .com site was for blogging, just like blogger.com (but I have to admit, I like blogger more, especially the stats that show where the readers are located!) while wordpress.org is a CMS (Content Management System) that's downloaded to a server to manage your site - and this one could be used with plugins. Oh! Luckily, I allready have my own space on my brother's server, I just thought it was too demanding to manage it, I've tried. Not that I don't have the knowledge, but I have no time, although I know how to code in xhtml and css, all I want to do really is to blog about my progress in game dev and show my work.
So wordpress.org it is!

It really felt differently, now I can manage my site much easier and effectily. But I had to search for hours for a good stats-plugin that shows where readers are located. I've found one now so I'm really happy :)
It still needs more stuff to get done, more content to come and fill the site soon, and I still need to figure out how to change domain name to the one I bought two months ago, www.kweiko.com, but meanwhile here's the current link: http://kweiko.abbascenter.com

Hope you like it!
/Kweiko

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar