14 aug. 2010

Ramathan Kareem

Today is the second day of Ramathan. This year, in Scandinavia the fasting goes on for 20 hours and I thought that I would die of hunger but after two days of fasting my body has amazingly allready adjusted to the new food schedule *level up*
I really love the family atmosphere during Ramathan. Usually everyone is busy with school or work or with life itself, not spending time with the family like in good old days, but when Ramathan comes, we all appreciate each other for helping each other out (everyone acts too lazy, and when one of us really do something besides lying on the bed or crashing on the sofa, he or she will be seen as a hero). Everyone tends to gather in the living room and just be together, watch TV or a movie together and we just LOVE everything that is served to us. Dad is the one who fill the plates and he really cook awesome food, but when Ramathan comes he's like an artist with food!! Atleast that's what it seems like, because that's how much we appreciate everything :P

I use to compare Ramathan with Christmas, living in Sweden I know how cozy and special Christmas is (even though Swedes aren't as Christmas lovers as the Americans) and I recognize the feeling in the air, everyone's happy faces and the dark, cozy days that makes you think coming back home to the family is just too wonderful... that's what Ramathan feels like. :)


Meanwhile, we're moving to my sister's appartment temporarily, so it's going to be really tight for a while! Nevertheless, I think for that mere reason, it's going to be even more cozy and family-ish when all the girls sleep next to each other, like we used to do when we were kids. The little room is filled with girlish stuff à la our family: PS1, PS2 and the PS3 :P Unfortunately, the 360 will be in my brother's room (well it is his after all...). 90% of the time, my little sister is going to have kidnapped the TV to Nickelodeon-land, while I and my other sister will have our laptops to do our work, study or spend our freetime by enjoying TV-series and anime episodes. My other little sister will surely have the floor for herself - she likes dancing! So yeah, it's going to be tight like hell, but we finally get to spend a lot of time with each other like before. That's what Ramathan is for, isn't it? :)

So, Ramathan Kareem, people!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar